2018 SA Nationals Bulletin 1
Download Entry Form <<Here>>
Practice Day: Sat. 29th September 2018 (Mandatory)
Compulsory Briefing: Sat. 29th Sept. @ 19.00 hrs (Mandatory)
Competition Days: Sun. 30th September – 6th October 2018 inc.
Prize giving: Sat. 6th October 2018 – time t.b.a.
- 55 entries MAXIMUM. Please submit your entry form & entry fees early to ensure acceptance.
- Early payment, and notification of your intention to enter is essential, and will be appreciated so that the relevant organizational arrangements can be made, e.g. number of tugs, amount of fuel, no. of tow ropes, etc. that will be required. Also for catering purposes.
- As always, we would like to have some keen and eager volunteers to assist with some of the tasks, in order to spread the load.
- Competing pilots should have their own crew member, if at all possible. Please do not expect other pilots’ crew members to run around for all those of you who do not have crew. So those of you without CREW, will be charged an additional amount (R650 extra), so that we can arrange & pay for some helpers.
- Gliders carrying water are advised that they should NOT dump water on the scale. They must go-around and join the queue again having dumped the water off the scale.
- FAI competitors licence: Overseas competitors & SA pilots will be required to have this. Overseas pilots will need to obtain a South African licence validation - details will be forwarded to you on request. Cost thereof R620.00. You should also have a valid FAI competitor’s licence. SA Pilots – please ensure you have an FAI competitor’s license for 2018 (R185.00) as this is a requirement for the Nationals.
- Camping is possible on the airfield at no cost (for those unfamiliar to Potch, the Clubhouse offers ablution facilities, as well as a place to spend time away from the tent/caravan). There are numerous Bed & Breakfasts establishments in Potchefstroom – do a Google search.
- There will be catering (meals & snacks) available at the airfield throughout the contest.
- All pilots should have a minimum of a Silver C badge
- Contest officials will be:
Contest Director: Oscar Goudriaan/Uys Jonker Safety Officer: TBA
Meteorology: Pieter & Marcus Nouwens I/C Task Setting: AP/Pieter/Laurens
I/C Tugs: t.b.a. Admin/finance: Carol Clifford
ENTRY FEES & TOW FEES:
15m/Std & 18M/Open & 2-seater:
Entry Fee paid by 11th August R2 800.00 (includes Opening & Prize Giving dinners for pilot)
Entry Fee paid before 11th August R2 000.00 (includes Opening & Prize Giving dinners / for Pilot)
Late entry fee for all classes, if paid after 11th August R3 600.00
Cape pilots (to hopefully help towards the cost of your travelling) provided paid by 11th August the entry fee of R2800 will be reduced to R2000, and for the Club class R2000 will be reduced to R1500.
Daily fees: Pilots not participating for the full duration: R600.00 per day
Expected Tow fees: (subject to fuel prices closer to the time)
All tow fees will be advised in Bulletin 2 t.b.a.
Payments to be made to: Soaring Society of South Africa (SSSA), Standard Bank, Bedford Gardens (018305), a/c 022 529 373. Reference please include: your name & SANats2018
All Communications please to: Carol – email@example.com