Members of the public can safely experience gliding with an qualified instructor. The flight is an introduction to gliding and serves as your first lesson. Flights are done in a two seat glider and the launch is by Aerotow.
You will arrive at the airfield at the agreed time and there will be an instructor to meet you. He/she will explain how the flight will work and answer any questions you might have.
You will then go to the glider where you will receive a safety briefing and subsequently experience the most amazing flight of your life. During the flight you will be allowed to control the glider and basic manoeuvres will be taught while under safe supervision.
- A Gliding Experience flight cost R2,800 for 2023 (approximately $144/£125/€125).
- Should you join as member within 30 days of your flight, we will reduce the cost to only R800 and allocate the difference to your joining fee.
- Flight launch will be by Aerotow and flights are approximately 30mins in duration.
- Available on weekends.
- Remember flying is weather dependant and your safety is our concern.
- Price is subject to change due to fuel inflation, but once booked we will honour the booking price for 60 days.