2020 SA Nationals Bulletin 1
Download Entry Form <<Here>>
The South African National Gliding Championships for the Open/18m, 15m, Club & Two Seater classes will be held in Welkom
Practice Day: Sat. 12th December Scrutineering: From Friday. 11th December
Compulsory Briefing: Sat. 12th December. @ 19.00 hrs (Mandatory)
Competition Days: Sun. 13th December – Sunday 20th December incl.
Prize giving: Sunday 20th December – time t.b.a.
- 55 entries MAXIMUM. Please submit your entry form & entry fees early to ensure acceptance.
- Early payment, and notification of your intention to enter is essential, and will be appreciated so that the relevant organizational arrangements can be made, e.g. number of tugs, amount of fuel, no. of tow ropes, etc. that will be required. Also for catering purposes.
- As always, we would like to have some keen and eager volunteers to assist with some of the tasks, in order to spread the load.
- Competing pilots should have their own crew member, if at all possible. Please do not expect other pilots’ crew members to run around for all those of you who do not have crew. Those of you without CREW, will be charged an additional amount if we can arrange for some helpers.
- Gliders carrying water are advised that they should NOT dump water on the scale. They must go-around and join the queue again having dumped the water off the scale.
- FAI competitors licence: Overseas competitors & SA pilots will be required to have this.
Overseas pilots would also need to obtain a South African licence validation. Pilots must have a valid FAI competitor’s licence.
SA Pilots – please ensure you have an 2020 FAI competitor’s license (R225.00). You may add to
the entry fee, if required.
- Camping is possible on the airfield. Cost to be advised. There are numerous Bed & Breakfasts establishments in Welkom – Google will assist you.
- Limited hangarage space will be available at R100 per night. First come, first served.
- There will hopefully be catering arranged (meals & snacks) at the airfield throughout the contest.
- Contest officials will be:
Contest Director: Oscar Goudriaan/Uys Jonker Safety Officer: TBA
Meteorology: TBA I/C Task Setting: TBA
I/C Tugs: TBA Admin/finance: Carol Clifford
ENTRY FEES & TOW FEES:
Open/18m, 15m & 2-seater:
Entry Fee paid by 7th November R2 800.00 (includes Opening & Prize Giving dinners for 1 pilot & 1 crew, not guests)
Entry Fee paid by 7th November R2 000.00 (includes Opening & Prize Giving dinners for 1 pilot & 1 crew, not guests)
Late entry fee for all classes, if paid after 15th November R3 600.00
Entries close 20th November or once 55 entries received
Cape pilots (to hopefully help towards the cost of your travelling) provided paid by 7th November the entry fee of R2800 will be reduced to R2000, and for the Club class R2000 will be reduced to R1500.
Daily fees: Pilots not participating for the full duration: R600.00 per day
Expected Tow fees: All tow fees will be advised in Bulletin 2
Payments to be made to: Soaring Society of South Africa (SSSA), Standard Bank, Bedford Gardens (018305), a/c 022 529 373. Reference please include: your name & SANats2020
All Communications please to: Carol – firstname.lastname@example.org