Skip to content
Tips for the Silver Badge
- Make sure you plan the date of your flight with the OO.
- For all badge flights the pilot must be alone in the glider.
- Make sure the OO controls the FR(s) before and download the logfile from the FR(s) after flight.
- Do not forget the legal daytime rules, the Aviation Regulations and do not fly into Airspace.
- Do not forget the Loss of Height rule (LOH) when you do the Distance task.
- Do not take a launch over 1000m height when doing your Duration task.
- If you are flying a motorglider make sure the MOP (method of propulsion) sensors are selected in the FR and this facility is fully functionable.
- Switch your logger on well before take-off, and switch-off a while after landing.