Once you have completed your flight and the OO has downloaded your file from the flight recorder, all you need to do is follow the following steps
– pay the required fee to the SSSA Treasurer; cost and banking details are found below. Use “surname-badge” as reference
– complete the “Pilot Badge claim” form found under documents
– email the required documents to the relevant OO.
- Pilot Badge claim.
- Copy of Aeroclub Membership form
- ‘Time or Launch Sheet’ signed by third party.
- Badge application payment advice.
- Copy of last declaration if made on myGC
- Calibration certificate for FR(s) if
– OO checks and certifies the claim; When the OO has certified your claim against the flight performance, he will send all your documents plus the OO certificate(s) to the claims officer.
– Claims Officer verifies the claim; After maximum 10 working days you will receive a notification advising if the flight was a success.
You can thereafter download and print your badge from our myGC portal.