No, the claim and supporting documents are submitted to the OO (Official Observer that controlled your flight).
The claim must be logged on myGC app within two months from the date of the flight.
No, we require the original IGC logfile direct from the flight recorder.
For all claims the pilot must certify that the flight was conducted in accordance with the Sporting Code, was flown in compliance with all the glider manufacturers and national operating limitations, and is in accordance with SACAA flight regulations (Airspace, VFR conditions, etc.)
No, the OO must be present to verify the FR when you are downloading the file.
Yes, if the requirements for each badge type are met, including the declaration detail.
- Read our Badge Guide.
- Browse our FAQs per subject.
- Download our documents on the relevant topics.
- Ask your instructors for guidance and find an OO from the OO list. They will gladly assist you.
- You can also email us your question by using the contact form on the Badge page.
It is all about achieving a specific flight performance under supervision of an OO.
- Decide the performance.
- Declare the performance
- On completion: provide the evidence and claim the Badge.